Instructions to use Chorus Discount online:
Log in to your account. Your account will be flagged as being a part of the chorus and will automatically apply the 50% discount to the applicable performances. There will be no need for a promo code of any sort to be applied to your purchase. (Joel's note: I think the discount will not show until you add the ticket(s) to your cart.)
An active online account is required. If you do not have an account or need assistance, please contact the Box Office to do so. Monday thru Friday, 9am – 5pm at 602-495-1999.
17/18 Chorus Single Ticket Discount Policy: (as of 9/15/2017)
- 50% off All Classics and Pops, as well as, Handel’s Messiah, Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Excludes: Special Performances, Price Level D, and the Loges
- Must be purchased by Chorus Member
- Limit 4 tickets per performance
- Discounts may be limited based on availability and show capacity
The following is an invitation from another Chorus in town, which we agreed to share with you. This project has nothing to do with the Phoenix Symphony Chorus in any way, and it is entirely your personal decision to participate in this or not.
The Scottsdale Philharmonic has a very special, first-time-ever, choral symphonic concert on Sunday November 19. They are presenting the highly acclaimed Choral Fantasy, Beethoven 9th Symphony (Ode to Joy), for which they are building a chorus of 80 -100 voices.
If you are interested in singing in this concert, Director, Carolyn Eynon (email@example.com), needs your phone, text, or email confirmation byOctober 10.
Rehearsals for the concert will take place at New Vision Center, 18010 N. Tatum Blvd. Phoenix
This is a volunteer opportunity. All are welcome, but singers with choir experience and the ability to read music are encouraged. Due to the short rehearsal schedule, attendance at all rehearsals is required. The piece will be sung in German.
Here are some resources that may be useful, if you are interested. If the hyperlinks don’t work, please copy the link below and paste it into your browser.
• Link to the entire symphony by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOjHhS5MtvA
• Link to the rehearsal tracks for all voice parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK--rqGGevs&list=PLjJPaTQW9-OiItmCH2VKfAL2k_pD3gm_N
• Link to a “educational use" pdf of the score: https://imslp.org/extensions/common/viewerjs/index.nofs.html#//ks.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/d/d4/IMSLP463296-PMLP1607-Beethoven_coro_nona.pdf
If you have any further questions, please contact Carolyn Eynon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in attending the Symphony's opening night this Friday, please take note of the invitation below.
Dear Chorus Members,
You are invited to the Chairman’s reception on opening night. It would be great if you are able to attend this reception and take the time to meet and mingle with members of the symphony Board, elected officials and symphony patrons and volunteers as we kick off our 70th anniversary season.
Thank you, we hope you are able to attend. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Chairman’s Reception: Opening Night
5:30pm, Friday, September 15, 2017
Symphony Hall Lobby
The chorus members should RSVP to Louann Phillips. Her email is email@example.com.
Any chorus member who RSVPs will be given two comps to the concert that evening.